MarshallSoft Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) Library
The MarshallSoft Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) Library is a component library of functions used to perform encryption and decryption using the "Advanced Encryption Standard" (AES) as specified by the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). See
AES is considered "strong encryption" and replaces the previous US encryption standard "Data Encryption Standard" (DES). AES is commonly used by many financial entities such as banks to protect their customer's sensitive information.
Our implementation of the Advanced Encryption Standard has been verified by running the "Advanced Encryption Standard Algorithm Validation Suite" (AESAVS), which can be found at
Advanced Encryption Standard Algorithm Validation Suite
The MarshallSoft Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) Library provides a simple interface to encrypt/decrypt files, strings or data from applications using 256-bit AES (Rijndael) encryption keys and supports CBC and ECB mode, SHA-56 hash algorithm, initialization vectors, and buffer padding.
The MarshallSoft Advanced Encryption Standard DLL's will work under all versions of Windows (2003-2012/XP/Vista/NT/Windows7/Windows 8/Windows 10). Both Win32 and Win64 DLL's are included.
Note that it is illegal to possess strong encryption software in some countries in the world. Do not download or use this software if it is illegal to do so in your country.
In addition, this software cannot be sold to countries on the US Embargo List. See Embargoed Countries
- Supports both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows.
- Implements the 256-bit "Advanced Encryption Standard".
- Supports PKCS7 padding.
- Supports ECB (Electronic Cookbook) mode.
- Supports CBC (Cipher Block Chaining) mode.
- Supports Secure Hash Algorithm SHA-256.
- Free technical support and updates for one year.
- Royalty free distribution with your compiled application.
- Evaluation versions are fully functional. No unlock code is required.
- Can be used from GUI mode or console mode programs.
- Is fully thread safe.
- Supports Windows 2003-2012/XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/ Windows 10.
- Does not depend on support libraries. Makes calls to Windows API functions only.
- Can be used with any language that can call the Windows API.
- Can be purchased with (or without) C source code for the DLL.
- Both Win32 and Win64 DLLs included.
- Is native Windows code but can also be called from managed code.
- Will run on machines with or without .NET installed
- Works with all versions of Microsoft Visual C++ (V4.0 through Visual Studio 2015)
- Works with Borland C/C++ (5.0, 5.5, and Borland C++ Builder [all versions]).
- Also works with Microsoft Foundation Class, Watcom 11 and LCC-WIN32.
- Works with all versions of Microsoft Visual Basic including VB .NET.
- Works with Visual Foxpro, Embarcadero & Borland Delphi, Delphi for .Net, Xbase++, PowerBasic, dBase, COBOL
- Works with Microsoft VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) such as Excel, Word, FrontPage, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- License covers all programming languages.
- Complete documentation (Programmers, Users, and Reference Manuals).
AES User's Manual
AES Reference Manual