Client / Server TCP/IP and UDP/IP Winsock Sockets Communications Component Library
The MarshallSoft Client / Server Communications Library (CSC) is a communication component DLL library used to create server and client programs that can communicate with each other across any TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) or UDP/IP (User Datagram Protocol/Internet Protocol) network such as the Internet or a private network (intranet or LAN [local area net]).
The Client / Server Communications Library (CSC) uses the Winsock/sockets API to provide the capability to quickly develop Client/Server TCP/IP or UDP software applications. A good selection of example programs and complete documentation is provided with each CSC SDK.
Some of the many features of the Client/Server Communications Component library are as follows:
- Supports both TCP/IP and UDP/IP protocols.
- Can be used to create both client and server programs.
- Supports "one time" passwords for improved security.
- Can encrypt/decrypt data and files being transmitted.
- Can send and receive data buffers or entire files.
- Supports challenge response authentication.
- Can send a Windows message when a connection is ready to accept.
- Can send a Windows message when incoming data is ready to be read.
- Servers can handle multiple connections concurrently.
- Supports secure and private messaging.
- Create chat server and clients.
- Create client / server file transfer
- Create client programs to talk to TCP servers (POP3, IMAP, HTTP, SMTP, DNS)
- Create SMTP proxy programs extracting a copy of all recipient addresses
- Create POP3 proxy programs that filter incoming email for Spam
- Create HTTP proxy used to filter content
- Specify the maximum number of connections that the server will accept.
- Allows multiple servers and clients to run simultaneously.
- Knowledge of Winsock sockets and the TCP/IP protocol is not necessary.
- Royalty free distribution with your compiled application.
- Evaluation versions are fully functional. No unlock code is required.
- Can be used from GUI mode or console mode programs.
- Is fully thread safe.
- A good selection of example programs is included.
- Does not depend on support libraries. Makes calls to Windows API functions only.
- Can be used with any language that can call the Windows API.
- Works with all versions of Microsoft Visual C++ and Visual Studio including C# and .NET (Win32 and Win64).
- Works with Borland C/C++ (5.0, 5.5, and Borland C++ Builder [all versions]).
- Also works with Microsoft Foundation Class, Watcom 11, LCC-WIN32/64, Digital Mars, and MinGW GCC.
- Works with all versions of Microsoft Visual Basic including VB .NET (Win32 and Win64).
- Works with Microsoft VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) such as Excel, Word, FrontPage, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Works with Win32 Delphi and Delphi .NET.
- Works with all versions of Alaska Xbase++ 1.3 through 1.9
- Can be purchased with (or without) C source code for the DLLs.
- Updates are free for one year (source code updates are separate).
- License covers all programming languages.
- Free unlimited one-year email and phone tech support for registered users.
- Documentation online as well as in printable format.
The Client/Server Communications Component DLLs (CSC32.DLL and CSC64.DLL) can be called from any language (C/C++, Visual C++, .NET, Visual Basic, VB.NET, VBA, Borland Delphi, Visual FoxPro, COBOL, Xbase++, Visual dBase, PowerBasic, etc.) capable of calling the Windows API. Current released versions of CSC are for C/C++, Visual Basic, Delphi, Visual Foxpro and Xbase++, however, we have declaration files for other computer languages available.
For more information and download links, see