Client / Server Communications Library for Visual Basic
The MarshallSoft Client / Server Communications Library (CSC) is a communication component DLL library used to create server and client programs that can communicate with each other across any TCP/IP or UDP network such as the Internet.
CSC4VB can be used to communicate with other CSC programs, or they can be used to communicate with other TCP programs such as DNS, POP3, SMTP, FTP, HTTP, etc. CSC can also be used to connect to devices such as a relay device, scale device, GPS device or embedded computer device that is controlled by sending commands to its TCP IP address.
Visual Basic TCP Example Program
Features of the Client/Server Communications Library for Visual Basic (CSC4VB) include:
Current version of the Client/Server Comm Lib for Visual Basic (CSC4VB) is 7.0 (March 27, 2015).
Registration is $115 for email delivery ($195 with C source code).
- Supports both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows.
- Supports both UDP and TCP protocols.
- Can be used to create both clients and servers.
- Supports "one time" passwords for improved security.
- Data and files can be encrypted.
- Use with the AES4VB, Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) Component Library for strong encryption.
- Supports challenge response authentication.
- Can send a Windows message when a connection is ready to accept.
- Can send a Windows message when incoming data is ready to be read.
- Can send and receive data buffers or entire files.
- Can connect to a device such as a relay device, scale device, GPS device or embedded computer device that is controlled by sending commands to its TCP IP address.
- Servers can handle multiple connections concurrently.
- Supports secure and private messaging.
- Can specify the maximum number of connections that the server will accept.
- Allows multiple servers and clients to run simultaneously.
- Create chat server and clients.
- Create client / server file transfer.
- Create client programs to talk to TCP servers (POP3, IMAP, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, DNS, etc.).
- Create SMTP proxy programs extracting a copy of all recipient addresses.
- Create POP3 proxy programs that filter incoming email for Spam.
- Create HTTP proxy used to filter content.
- Free technical support and updates for one year.
- Royalty free distribution with your compiled application.
- Evaluation versions are fully functional. No unlock code is required.
- Can be used from GUI mode or console mode programs.
- Is fully thread safe.
- Supports all 32-bit and 64-bit Windows through Windows 10.
- Works with 32-bit and 64-bit Visual Basic and Visual Studio (VB.NET) thru 2013.
- Works with any VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) language such as Excel, Access, MS Office, etc. as
well as with PowerBuilder.
- Does not depend on support libraries. Makes calls to Windows API functions only.
- Both Win32 and Win64 DLLs are included.
- Can be used with any program (in any compiler language) capable of calling Windows API functions such as
C/C++, .NET, Visual FoxPro, Delphi, Xbase++, dBASE, COBOL, Access or Excel.
- License covers all programming languages.
- Can be purchased with (or without) C source code for the DLL.
- Updates are free for one year (Source code updates are separate).
- Unlimited one-year email and phone tech support.
- Documentation online as well as in printable format.
CSC4VB Programmer's Manual
CSC User's Manual
CSC Reference Manual