SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Engine Library for C/C++ (C++ .NET)
The MarshallSoft SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Component Library for C++ (SEE4C)
is a library of functions providing easy control of the SMTP
(Simple Mail Transport Protocol), POP3 (Post Office 3), and
IMAP 4 (Internet Message Access Protocol) protocols.
The SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email development toolkit provides a simple interface to send and receive email, including multiple MIME base64 and quoted-printable encoded attachments from within a C, Visual C++ or .NET application. Knowledge of Winsock
and TCP/IP is not needed.
SEE4C provides the functionality to easily and quickly develop software applications that can send, receive and parse mail.
Some of the many features of the SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Component Library for C/C++ (SEE4C) are as follows:
- SEE4C is a standard Windows DLL that does not depend on other "support" libraries.
- Supports Win32 and Win64.
- Supports multiple (simultaneous) connections.
- Supports SMTP (ESMTP) and POP3 authentication ("AUTH PLAIN", "AUTH LOGIN" and "AUTH CRAM-MD5").
- The Win32 version of SEE is fully threadable.
- Download email from your POP3/IMAP server, automatically decoding MIME attachments.
- Get the number of messages on your POP3/IMAP email server.
- Get the header lines from any email on the POP3/IMAP email server, without reading the entire email.
- Copy any email on the POP3/IMAP server without deleting it.
- Copy email and navigate between IMAP mailboxes.
- Delete any email on the server without downloading it first.
- Send email with optional MIME or Quoted Printable attachments.
- Send email with inline embedded images (GIF, TIF, JPG, BMP, and Rich Text).
- Send HTML email with alternative text and embedded images.
- Supports ISO-8859(European character sets) and UTF-8 (16 bit character sets) messages.
- Can specify custom Content-Types; add custom header fields.
- Supports setting priority via X-Priority header field.
- Can send email to mail addresses on a distribution list.
- Set minimum and maximum wait times for server response.
- Works with servers requiring SSL with (free) STUNNEL proxy server.
- Dozens of switches that allow you to control how email is sent and received.
- Supports Microsoft Visual C++, Visual Studio C++ & Visual Studio C#.
- Can be used with any language (Visual Basic, VB.NET, Delphi,Xbase++,Foxpro,etc.) that can call the Windows API.
- Complete documentation (Programmers, Users, and Reference Manuals).
- Free technical support and updates for one year.
- Royalty free distribution with your compiled application.
- Evaluation versions are fully functional. No unlock code is required.
A good selection of complete example programs is included, demonstrating how to send and receive email using the library.
The SEE4C library can also be used with any Windows application capable of calling the Windows API.
The SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Component Library for C/C++ supports and has been tested with the following C/C++ compilers:
- Microsoft Visual C++ (VC4.0, VC5.0, VC6.0)
- Visual C++ .NET and Visual Studio C++
- Visual C# .NET and Visual Studio C#
- Microsoft Foundation Class (MFC)
- Borland C/C++
- Borland Turbo C++ for Windows
- Borland C++ Builder
- Watcom C/C++
- LCC-Win32 C
- MinGW GCC
- Digital Mars
SEE4C can also be used with most other C/C++ Windows compilers.
The SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email SDK (SEE4C) can be used in the development of Win32 and Win64 applications running under Windows XP through Windows 10. The evaluation
version of SEE4C is fully functional. A one developer license is $119 for email delivery
and includes one year of free
Our libraries (DLL's) are developer toolkits that can be used by programs written in all supported computer languages. Purchase a developer license for a specific product for one software language and use the same registered DLLs with all other supported languages for that product (i.e., purchase SEE4C and use the DLLs with SEE4VB). All versions of SEE use the same DLL (SEE32.DLL). However, the examples provided for each version were developed and tested using the specified computer language.
Other versions of the SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Component Library (SEE) can be downloaded from the following product pages:
- SEE4D SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Engine Library for Delphi
- SEE4VB SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Engine Library for Visual Basic
- SEE4PB SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Engine Library for PowerBASIC
- SEE4DB SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Engine Library for Visual dBase
- SEE4FP SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Engine Library for Visual FoxPro
- SEE4XB SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Engine Library for Xbase++
- SEE4CB SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Engine Library for COBOL
Current version of the SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Engine for C/C++ is 7.5 (September 12, 2017)
Download Free Evaluation Version
SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Programmer's Manual
SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email User's Manual
SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Reference Manual