Windows Standard Serial Communication Library for Visual FoxPro
The Marshallsoft serial communications component library for Visual FoxPro
(WSC4FP) is a serial port library based
on the Windows serial comm API. WSC4FP uses the core Windows API to communicate with any device connected
to a serial port from within a Visual FoxPro application.
A simple interface allows accessing data from a serial port using RS232 or multi-drop RS422 / RS485 serial ports. WSC4FP also supports virtual ports such as those created by Bluetooth and USB/serial converters. WSC4FP provides the capability to quickly write Visual FoxPro applications to control serial devices such as barcode scanners, modems, lab instruments, medical devices, USB serial devices, scales, GPS navigation, etc.
The component library includes 52 functions plus serial line status & control, modem control,
ASCII/XMODEM/YMODEM protocols, and a good selection of Visual FoxPro example
programs. The library can be used with any 32-bit version of Visual FoxPro.
Visual FoxPro Serial Communications Example Program
WSC4FP requires the Visual FoxPro compiler (any version).
- Free technical support and updates for one year.
- Royalty free distribution with your compiled application.
- Implemented as a 32-bit DLL (WSC32.DLL).
- Evaluation versions are fully functional. No unlock code is required.
- Includes over 52 functions plus modem control.
- Can control any serial device (scale, barcode reader, etc.) connected to a serial port.
- Can be used from GUI mode or console mode programs.
- Can control multiple ports simultaneously.
- Can be used with virtual serial ports using Bluetooth serial or a USB to serial converter.
- Supports RS232, and multidrop RS422, and RS485 ports.
- Includes hardware and software flow control.
- Supports character peek (SioEventChar).
- Supports transmit and receive timeouts.
- Can send Windows messages on completion of events (incoming character, etc.)
- Supports any baud rate (32-bit version).
- Ability to specify the parity, word size, and number of stop bits.
- Comes with ANSI emulation and ASCII, XMODEM and YMODEM.
- Supports binary and text data transfer.
- Is port re-entrant.
- State driven Xmodem and Ymodem on multiple ports simultaneously.
- Is fully thread safe.
- Supports Windows XP through Windows 10.
- Works with all versions of 32-bit FoxPro.
- Does not depend on support libraries. Makes calls to Windows API functions only.
- Can be used with any language (C/C++,.NET, Delphi,Visual Basic, VB.NET, etc.) that can call the Windows API.
- License covers all programming languages. Purchase a developer license for WSC4FP and use the DLLs with any other development environment (C++, Visual Basic, etc).
- Implemented as a standard Windows DLL, which will work with all versions of Windows.
- Will run on machines with or without .NET installed
- Can be purchased with or without ANSI C source code to the WSC DLLs.
- Documentation online as well as in printable format.
WSC4FP can be used in the development of Visual FoxPro
applications running under Windows XP through Windows 10. The evaluation
version of WSC4FP is fully functional.
The current version of the Windows Std Serial Comm Lib for FoxPro is 7.0 (September 10, 2019).
Registration is $119 for email delivery ($199 with C language source code).
WSC4FP Programmer's Manual
WSC User's Manual
WSC Reference Manual