Secure Source Backup
Cloud ready source code backup - secure, private, and dependable!
The MarshallSoft "Secure Source Backup" (SSB) is a stand-alone Windows application program
designed to create encrypted backups of source code and other critical files. In particular,
SSB is optimized for uploading to cloud services such as Dropbox and Sky Drive.
The primary design criteria for SSB are:
- Strong Encryption: SSB uses 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES).
AES is the standard encryption algorithm used by financial institutions around the world to secure customer data.
- File Privacy: SSB can disguise the names of backed up files and directories.
Unlike most backup programs, SSB can disguise filenames and directory names. This is an essential feature for files backed up to cloud storage.
- File Organization: SSB maintains the same directory organization as your source code.
This is particularly important for files backed up to cloud storage since individual files can easily be recovered without having to download a file archive.
In addition to the above, SSB comes with a "Script Assembler" that can be used to make more complex backups, as described in ScriptAssembler.pdf .
- Independent Encryption: The user has total control of the encryption of files and the pass phrase. This is very important for files backed up to cloud storage since you do not rely on the cloud company's encryption policies. The SSB software that encrypts your files does not have access to the cloud space where your files are stored, and the software responsible for uploading your files to the cloud only has access to the encrypted version of your files.
- Copies only files that have been changed since the last backup.
- Can specify files to copy or to skip using wildcards.
- Can ignore backing up entire subdirectories such as OBJ and BIN directories.
- Maintains file attributes and file time stamps for all files.
- Can back up and restore hidden and read-only files.
- Can back up and restore files in multi-level sub-directories.
- Can back up and restore files in local storage devices such as internal & external drives.
- Can back up and restore files across local area networks.
- Can compress files to reduce storage space required.
- Can encrypt files using the 256-bit "Advanced Encryption Standard" (AES).
- User maintains complete control of the pass phrase.
- Can disguise file & directory names independently of file content encryption.
- Can be run manually or automatically on a fixed time schedule.
- Maintains the same directory organization so that individual files can easily be restored.
- Uses an authorization file for decryption in addition to the password phrase file.
- The password phrase need be entered just once when creating the password phrase file.
- Encryption is unique for each customer even using the same pass phrase.
- Can backup to multiple destinations during a single backup run.
- Can verify backup volume names and volume serial numbers.
- Programmable using the Script Assembler.
SSB is priced at $37 (introductory price).
Current version of SSB is 2.0