Windows Serial Communication Component Library
The Windows Standard Serial Communications Library (WSC)
series of software development tools consist of Win32, and Win64 Dynamic Link Libraries
(DLL's) that are based on the Windows serial comm API. The Windows Serial Communications Library uses the standard Windows API to communicate with any device connected to a RS232 or multi-drop RS422/RS48 serial port (including virtual ports and usb to serial converters) from within an application.
The WSC product line provides a simple interface to easily write software programs to control serial devices such as barcode scanners,
modems, lab instruments, medical devices, USB serial devices, scales, GPS navigation, etc.The component library includes 46 functions plus modem
control, XMODEM and YMODEM, ASCII and ANSI terminal emulation. A good selection of example programs and complete documentation is provided with each WSC SDK.
Some of the many features of the Windows Standard Serial Communications Library (WSC) are as follows:
The Windows Standard Serial Communications Library (WSC) is a developer toolkit that can be used by programs written in all supported computer languages including those written in C/C++, Visual C++, .NET, Delphi, Visual Basic, VB.NET, VBA languages (Access, Excel, Word, etc.),
Fortran (ABSOFT), COBOL (Fujitsu), PowerBuilder, PowerBASIC Console Compiler,
Visual dBase, Visual FoxPro, Xbase++, etc.
- WSC is a standard Windows DLL that does not depend on other "support" libraries.
- Free technical support and updates for one year.
- Royalty free distribution with your compiled application.
- Includes 64-bit (WSC64.DLL) and 32-bit (WSC32.DLL) DLLs.
- Evaluation versions are fully functional. No unlock code is required.
- Can control any serial device connected to a serial port.
- Can be used from GUI mode or console mode programs.
- Can control multiple ports simultaneously.
- Can be used with virtual serial ports using Bluetooth serial or a USB to serial converter.
- Includes 46 functions plus modem control.
- Includes hardware and software flow control.
- Comes with ANSI emulation and ASCII, XMODEM and YMODEM protocols.
- Supports any baud rate.
- Ability to specify the parity, word size, and number of stop bits.
- Supports binary and text data transfer.
- Is port re-entrant.
- State driven Xmodem and Ymodem on multiple ports simultaneously.
- Can send Windows messages on completion of events (incoming character, etc.)
- Is fully thread safe.
- Supports Windows XP through Windows 10.
- Implemented as a standard Windows DLL, which will work with all versions of Windows.
- License covers all programming languages.
- Supports all versions of Microsoft Visual Studio C++ including C# and .NET
- Works with Microsoft Visual C++ (1.52, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, C#, and .NET).
- Works with Borland C/C++ (5.0, 5.5, and Borland C++ Builder [all versions]).
- Also works with Microsoft Foundation Class, Watcom 11, LCC-WIN32, and MinGW GCC.
- Works with all versions of Microsoft Visual Basic including Visual Studio (VB.NET)
- Works with Visual Foxpro, Borland/Codegear/Embarcadero Delphi including Delphi XE versions, Xbase++, PowerBasic, dBase, COBOL
- Complete documentation (Programmers, Users, and Reference Manuals).
- Can be purchased with (or without source code) to the DLLs.
Purchase a developer license for WSC for one software language and use the same WSC registered DLLs with all other supported languages for WSC (i.e., purchase WSC4C and use the DLLs with WSC4VB since all versions of WSC use the same DLLs (WSC64.DLL, WSC32.DLL).
The WSC library makes calls to the Windows serial port API, and runs under
all versions of Windows (Windows Server, Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10).
The evaluation versions of WSC are fully functional and can be used for a 30 day trial period.
Windows Serial Communications (WSC) Software Products
- WSC4C Windows Standard Serial Communications Library for C/C++
- WSC4D Windows Standard Serial Communications Library for Delphi
- WSC4VB Windows Standard Serial Communications Library for Visual Basic
- WSC4PB Windows Standard Serial Communications Library for PowerBASIC
- WSC4FP Windows Standard Serial Communications Library for Visual FoxPro
- WSC4DB Windows Standard Serial Communications Library for Visual dBase
- WSC4XB Windows Standard Serial Communications Library for Xbase++
- WSC4CB Windows Standard Serial Communications Library for COBOL
Also see our serial communications library for DOS .